Yee-haa! Our fantastic staff have raised an amazing £760.47 for various charitable causes in our Wild-West themed summer charity events across the country.
The summer events, which have been a well-loved occasion at Pickerings Lifts for several years, allow staff to hold themed charity events, with food, dressing up, quizzes and prizes!
This year, the theme of the event was ‘Wild West’ with staff across the UK encouraged to don their favourite checked shirts and jeans, all for a good cause. Staff ate jacket potatoes and bacon sandwiches, played games and enjoyed a tombola … all of course, while posing for photos!
Each of the Pickerings Lifts offices across the country nominated a charity that they wanted to raise money for, with an incredible total of £760.47 being raised for:
- Blood Bikes EVS – A blood bike charity providing a free courier service to North East NHS Hospitals and Trusts
- Great North Air Ambulance – Providing air ambulance services across the North East, North Yorkshire and Cumbria
- Alzheimer’s Society Leeds – Providing help and support to Alzheimer sufferers and their families in the Yorkshire region
- Not Just Pets – An animal rescue charity and adoption service based in Hull
- Guide Dogs for the Blind – Providing services, support and advice to people with visual impairments in the Midlands
- Bristol Oncology Centre – Help and support for anyone whose life has been affected by cancer
- Motor Neurone Disease Association – A charity focused on improving access to care and research for those living with and affected by Motor Neurone Disease.
Ian Bowers, Managing Director of Pickerings Lifts said: “Raising funds for charity is something which is at the heart of Pickerings Lifts and at every event we hold, I am delighted to see our generous staff donate so much to so many worthwhile local charities across the country.”
I’d like to thank all of our staff for taking part and making our summer charity event so enjoyable this year.”
Our staff have dug deep this year and raised hundreds of pounds for a variety of different charities, including Bristol-based Children of Masindi and Sport Relief, with more charity events planned for later this year.
Visit the charity section of our blog to find out more about the different charities we support.